- Both black and white sesame seeds are safe for dogs to eat. Black sesame seeds still have the hulls intact, containing more nutrients and a stronger flavor than the white variety.
- Black sesame seeds have a slightly bitter taste compared to white sesame seeds, which have a nuttier and sweeter flavor.
- Because of their fiber content, sesame seeds can ease constipation in dogs.
- Sesame seeds have antioxidants that help with cancer prevention.
- The calcium in sesame seeds promotes strong bones, while the copper content is good for joint pain.