- Lentils are an excellent source of plant-based protein, essential for a dog's muscle development and tissue repair.
- Lentils contain B vitamins and iron which promote brain, blood, and nerve health.
- Lentils are packed with minerals such as magnesium, potassium, zinc, copper, manganese, and phosphorous. These essential minerals help regulate various organ functions in dogs.
- Lentils are high in fiber which helps digest and reduce cholesterol levels.
- Lentils are also rich in polyphenols which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that boost the immune system and protect a dog's body against free radicals.